St Bernadette’s Parish Castle Hill of the Diocese of Parramatta is a welcoming missionary Catholic Community, nurturing its people in faith and service and seeking to reflect and share the compassion of Jesus Christ with our local community and beyond.
Bernadette had precarious health, afflicted with asthma and other ailments. When Our Lady first appeared to her, Bernadette was fourteen years of age but had not made her first holy communion and was regarded as a very dull pupil. She was known, however, to be good, obedient and kind to her younger brothers and sisters, despite her poor health.
The history of St Bernadette’s parish began in Baulkham Hills, in the year 1849. For “Ten Pounds of Lawful British Money”, a contract was signed and sealed for the purchase of one and a half acres of land on the New Windsor Road which was to be the site for the first St Michael’s Church.